After seeing the release of Factory Records founder Tony Wilson’s grave, we had a feeling that some of our other favorite designers wouldn’t have missed the opportunity to make their last visual statement…
Tony Wilson; founder of Factory Records. 1950 - 2007. Grave designed by Peter Saville and Ben Kelly.Bruce Goff; architect. 1904 - 1982
Alvar Aalto; architect & designer. 1898 - 1976
Adolf Loos; architect. 1870 - 1933
Ludwig Mies van der Rohe; architect & furniture designer. 1886 - 1969.
Paul Rand; graphic designer. 1914 - 1996.
Frank Lloyd Wright; architect. 1867 - 1959
Manon Gropius, daughter of Walter Gropius. 1916 - 1935. Grave designed by Walter Gropius.
Le Corbusier; architect, designer, & painter. 1887 - 1965.
Carlo Scarpa; architect. 1906 - 1978. Scarpa actually designed the entire cemetery he was buried in. Scarpa was commissioned by the Brion family to design an addition to the preexisting cemetery. In classic Scarpa style, he created a monumental tomb with immaculate architectural detail. Scarpa must have loved his end product so much, that he was buried there himself.
Brion Cemetery, designed by Carlo Scarpa.
- robertodurangutierrez likes this
- sharhazard likes this
- deadengine likes this
- valentinpuyau likes this
- bradfarlow reblogged this from communedesign
- printgallerytokyo likes this
- whitenailsgirl likes this
- sixtensason reblogged this from communedesign
- perdizione reblogged this from communedesign
- 74w likes this
- sixtensason likes this
- jmeijide likes this
- man2hawk reblogged this from communedesign
- jbtaylor likes this
- tukastar reblogged this from communedesign
- ferrugnonudo likes this
- colleen-bennett reblogged this from communedesign
- karentena likes this
- perfectionisperfected likes this
- nofavorite reblogged this from communedesign
- communedesign posted this